Benefits of Wood as a Flooring Material
By: EWP Business Partner Kelly Gross / Maple Leaf Hardwood Floors
1. Added value to your home: According to the National Wood Flooring Association, “In a national survey of real estate agents, 90 percent said that houses with wood flooring sell faster and for higher prices than houses without wood floors.” With that in mind, hardwood floors are always a solid investment if you ever plan on selling your home.
2. Hypoallergenic: Unlike carpeting, hardwood flooring does not harbor harmful allergens like mold, mildew, pollen, or dust mites. In fact, some floor finishes even offer an antimicrobial for added protection against these potential heath hazards.
3. Longevity: Hardwood flooring is both long lasting and durable, some lasting as long as 100 plus years. Carpeting and laminate flooring have to be replaced after time, but hardwood flooring only needs to be refinished periodically at a fraction of the price. In contrast to laminate flooring, hardwood flooring can easily be repaired. Because of the finishes used today wood floors are as durable if not better, lasting over three times longer than laminates.
4. Beauty: If you are looking to add warmth and style to your home, hardwood floors are hard to beat. With over fifty domestic and exotic species of wood flooring available, you are almost guaranteed to find exactly what you are looking for to add uniqueness and beauty to your home.
5. Easy to Maintain: Regular upkeep with a dust mop and hardwood floor cleaner will help protect the beauty and luster of your hardwood floors throughout the years, without a lot of time or effort. Contact your hardwood flooring contractor for the correct products and applications designed for cleaning hardwood flooring.
Questions or comments? Contact: Kelly Gross / Maple Leaf Hardwood Floors
715-282-6228 or 715-401-3258